Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Metamorphic Construction Materials



BELLAS ARTES A METAMORPHIC HISTORICAL BUILDING 

 MEXICO CITY 

Palacio de Bellas Artes | INBA - Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes

25 cosas que sólo los expertos conocen sobre el Museo del Palacio ...


The Palacio de Bellas Artes is a prominent cultural center in Mexico City. It has hosted some of the most notable events in music, dance, theatre, opera, and literature and has held important exhibitions of painting, sculpture, and photography.







Bellas Artes has a special place on my heart, when my mom was 14 she started her career as a contemporaneous dancer. Her goal was to dance in Bellas Artes someday.  Every time that my family and I go to Mexico City we go to Bellas Artes. 



Altorrelieve del Frontón del Palacio de Bellas Artes, Ciudad de ...





The exterior of the building is primarily Art Nouveau and Neoclassical and the interior is primarily Art Deco.






El edificio




 Metamorphic Rocks  Used 

Quartzite and marble are the most commonly used metamorphic rocks in Bellas Artes.  Marble is used for statues and decorative items like vases, floor, stairs, and walls.

I knew Bellas Artes was made of Marmol however I never identified as a metamorphic rock until now.









Today I can give a lot of examples of Metamorphics rocks in Buildings located in Mexico.
         (Watch this video)        











This is my life 



igneous_memes Instagram profile with posts and stories - Picuki.com












No comments:

Post a Comment