Wednesday, May 13, 2020

OUR SEDIMENTARY ROCKS COLLECTION





The 25 Best Runs in the World Right Now | Outside Online
 WHAT IS A SEDIMENTARY ROCK?

Sedimentary rocks are types of rock that are formed by the accumulation or deposition of small particles and subsequent cementation of mineral or organic particles on the floor of oceans or other bodies of water at the Earth's surface. Chemical sedimentary rocks can be found in many places in Mexico, from the ocean to deserts to caves. For instance, most limestone forms at the bottom of the ocean from the precipitation of calcium carbonate and the remains of marine animals with shells.
                                                  



                                                 

MY SISTERS & I CHILDHOOD HOBBY  






I'm the oldest sibling, my sisters and I always had adventures and stories together. I remember that my sisters and I had a favorite hobby, now that I think it wasn't my mom's favorite hobby. Dayana, Saireth, and I had a huge obsession with rocks, rocks with different colors, sizes, and textures. My mom always tried to help us to identify the kind of rock we were collecting, however, we were never interested in know or maybe we were too young to know difficult words. It didn't matter where we were at, if we were on a hike, city, the beach, on our way to church or school we always found a treasure. Sometimes we came back from school with a heavy backpack when my mom opened she always found rocks instead of books. We used to have a treasure rocks box, until a few years ago when my mom decided to get rid of that heavy box. however, we still have a few jars, because we want to keep that memory with us forever.  Now that I think about it Mexico has a lot of minerals and rocks but the rocks we collected the most where sedimentary rocks.





Our Collection 







No comments:

Post a Comment